Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System (RS&GIS) research lab was established in 2003, based on the initiative of its current chairman PhD. NAOUFAL RAISSOUNI, professor of Physics & Remote Sensing at the University Abdelmalek Essaadi (UAE), Tetuan, Morocco. RS&GIS is a dynamic team of researchers (PhD, Engineers, PhD. Students, collaborators…) at the UAE and partner universities and research institutions.
RS&GIS focuses on several themes combining Research, Development & Innovation (R+D+I):
- Remote sensing Physics;
- Geographic Information System;
- Global Positioning System;
- High Performance Computing;
- Very High Resolution Satellite;
- Wireless Sensor Networks;
- In-situ Mesurements.